Thursday, January 26, 2017

A quote from Elizabeth Taylor.




She is quoted as saying “My mother says I didn’t open my eyes for eight days after I was 
born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was her engagement ring. I was hooked!” 

Her first piece of jewellery was a beautiful gold plate and stone brooch, which was a gift 
for her mother. This was before she was famous so she had to save up before she could 
buy the piece and give it to her mother.

Although Elizabeth always loved jewels her collection did not really start until her third 
marriage to Michael Todd in 1957 who loved to buy special pieces for her. Richard Burton 
who she married twice also loved to surprise her with expensive jewellery.

There is so much to say about Elizabeth and her collection but I will save that for 
another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...